Piaggio P.180 AVANTI II
About the Manufacturer
Piaggio Aero Industries S.p.A.is active in Aircraft design, manufacturing, maintenance and overhaul. The company also manufactures Aero-Engines, Engines parts and maintains, repairs and overhauls engines in partnership or under license with the major aero engine manufacturer. Piaggio Aero has facilities in Genoa, Finale Ligure and Naples, Italy and a subsidiary in West Palm Beach, FL, U.S.A. (Piaggio America, Inc.).
About the Aircraft
Piaggio Aero's core product, the P.180 Avanti II aircraft, is the fastest and most advanced executive/multi-utility turboprop in the world - with a superior 'short runway performance'. Equipped with Rockwell Collins Pro-Line 21 avionics, the P.180 Avanti II has an endurance of over 1,500 nautical miles at a speed of 402 knots and a maximum cruising altitude of 41,000 feet. With its state-of-the art avionics (fully digital, automatic flight control and the latest generation Rockwell Collins ''Pro Line 21" avionics system, it provides the pilot with better situational awareness. The P.180 Avanti II is set apart from its competitors by its ability to achieve a high level of performance, with unrivalled fuel efficiency-that means low emissions and reduced operative costs.
There are 186 Piaggio Aero P.180 Avanti and Avanti II aircraft currently in operation and a backlog of more than $626 million, the company remains committed to developing technology and innovative design solutions to drive current and future programs
The Taj Air Piaggio P.180 Avanti II, is way ahead of the other turbo-props in its category: King Air B-200, King Air B-350 and even the light jet Cessna Citation CJ2. It breaks most myths associated with 'turbo-prop aircraft', such as:
- Having a maximum ceiling of 41,000ft, far higher than even some light jets; thereby flying above turbulent weather and ensuring a smoother flight.
- It has a cruise speed nearly 30% faster than that of other turbo-prop and is even marginally higher than the light jets.
- The most important myth that a 'turbo-prop' is noisy is busted with a noise level that's only 68 dba - the quietest in class.
- With a cabin height of 5' 9"and cabin width of 6' 1" -it offers space where it is most required by the passenger; especially when all the aircrafts have a cabin height of less than 5' 00'' and cabin width of less than 5' 00''
- It's also the only aircraft in its class to come equipped with a fully-enclosed lavatory, with a vanity with hot and cold running water.
- Finally, the Piaggio P.180 Avanti II is the only twin engine turbo-prop to be able to land on runways as short as 3268 ft. - offering 'better city to satellite town' connectivity to the passenger.